What are the Symptoms?
Common symptoms include:
- Extreme tiredness, fatigue and weakness
- Muscle cramps (tetany), and hand cramps called carpopedal spasm, in which your hands can cramp up in the shape of a claw.
- Salt cravings for salty foods like crisps, pickles, olives, and chips.
- Chronic dermatitis (itchy skin and eczema)
- Excessive thirst- needing to drink lots
- Excessive urination- needing to pee lots
- Heart palpations- feeling your heart beating fast in your chest.
- Gastrointestinal slowing- (Ileus), constipation.
- Numbness and tingling in your hands, arms and legs or feet.
- Paralysis and muscle twitching.
- Joint pain sometimes caused by Chondrocalcinosis, which is when calcium crystals build up in the cartilage in your joints.